Sunday, May 8, 2011

Strong Ladies


With Mother's Day it had me thinking about what kind of mother/female I want to be. My Grandmother and mother are amazing (and STRONG!) women who haven't ever let anyone stop them from achieving their dreams. Would love to try and be half the women they have been.
Some things I admire that have let me know they're such wonderful mothers/females-
If someone can smoke 2-3 packs of cigs a day and then just one day decide to throw them out the window and quit forever.
If someone can lose every single person that is close to them and still manage a smile or chuckle every now and then.
If someone tries to chase down a cow when they are in their 70s and ends up punching it in order to try and make it move.
If someone goes back to school in their 40s (after raising 5 kids) because she knows you're never too old for education. And finish a bachelors and masters degree.
If someone can stay home with 5 kids and not go insane and still raise them to be productive members of society.
If someone can tell you how lucky and 'blessed' they are as if no tragedy has ever struck them. When in reality, they have seen sadness like no other.
If someone can put up with the stress kids sometimes manage to put on their mothers.

I love my Grandma and Mom. Salute to all you strong Moms/women out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment