Sunday, May 15, 2011

Genuine

I've been thinking a lot lately about how someone could make it through their adult life and be super sneaky, lie constantly to others and even to themselves. I really am not sure how an individual could keep themselves from growing emotionally, spiritually, and even morally while they watch others make changes to their lives that create better relationships and lifestyle options. I'm sure we all know someone who constantly fibs about little things and have even mastered the art of being sneaky about it....even to the point where they appear to nearly everyone like the sweetest, most genuine individual around! After getting to know one of these individuals quite well, I can say I am just SO happy to be myself. I may not be the prettiest, best cook, or even too shy and awkward sometimes but at least I am genuinely myself! And at least when I am alone I am still the same person (except maybe less awkward ha)

I just really really really hate sneakiness and people who are super fake.

So here is a note to all you fakies- It may seem like the person you're presenting yourself to be is way more amazing than the person you really are..This is not, however, true. Be yourself. How are you supposed to fix your flaws if you keep covering them up?? Seriously, let's make some progress. Stop lying, fishing for compliments by attempting to appear humble, fibbing in your unrealistic show of looking like the most honorable spouse and parent, sneakily throwing in your little bragging comments in conversation, and manifesting your jealousy in unhealthy choices.
Time to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment