Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Irene!


Today was the longest day ever.

Around 1:00 Mammaw laid down on the couch and started moaning and saying she was dyeing. She told me her chest was hurting and she kept crying and praying out loud so I called the ambulance. By the time they got there she wasn't moaning, crying, or even responding. They took her to UT hospital where they said she had an artery that was 100% blocked and did a splint.

I've never dealt with something like that. It was actually pretty scary because I hate seeing her in a weak position (like with oxygen or anything).. She's always been so strong through everything and it made me feel protective when they had to open her shirt to put monitors on her...I know it's necessary but she was always so modest so it makes me feel bad.. And it's scary not knowing how she would react if she came to her 'right mind' while all the fireman and stuff were in her house..

And this may sound totally nuts, and is a different rant, but I hate when people mispronounce her name...In fact, it bothers me when people do her name but it doesn't really bother me with the kiddos...Because she's worked hard for her name to be a GOOD name! So firemen, ambulance guy, doctor, whoever you may be- Her name is IRENE not Ilene or any other weird variation. Her name is a beautiful name and I don't like people mispronouncing it because it's been with her through thick and thin. Gee. Irene Irene Irene, ok?!

Anyway, thought I would include a sweet picture of a good day when Orlando and Mammaw fell asleep on the couches.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm so sorry honey, I hope they are able to take care of her and get her up and going as quickly as possible. Grandmas are such precious people, I miss mine every single day. I'm glad your children get a chance to spend time with her now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacinda, I am going to message you my number and if you need my help at all, dont hesitate to call me. I wouldnt send it if I didnt want you to use it. Love you kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Army-Thanks for the thoughts. Yeah, Grandmas are precious people. I'm glad they get a chance to too..And I'm glad I get a chance to! She keeps me getting up every morning..

    ReplyDelete